Tuesday, May 20, 2008

CLoSe CaLL..

This past Saturday night Jared and I were on the couch watching a movie and Bambi was contently chewing on a bone infront of us. A few minutes later, we heard the WORST yelp EVER from Bambi and when we looked at her, she was stiff infront of us with the laptop electrical cord in her mouth! I jumped to her and tried to rip the cord from her mouth, but her jaw was locked and her body was stiff as a board...
she was being ELECTROCUTED! YES...ELECTROCUTED!


Jared grabbed her from me and tried to get the cord out too then being the smart guy he is...he pulled the cord out of the outlet and saved Bambi!


Long Story short...we had to take Bambi to an emergency vet to check for any internal damage and she had to stay overnight so they could monitor her lungs and other things. We were amazed when we went to pick her up the next morning and the Veternarian told us she was the 'best case' electrocuted dog he's ever seen.




Sunday was definately a day of rest for us all...Bambi slept ALL DAY long and we are happy to report that she is 100% better and staying clear of all electrical cords!

5 comments:

Aubre & Adam said...

poor thing, she looks exhausted!

Melody said...

That is so sad! I'm glad she's okay though. We want to come see you guys in the next couple weeks, we miss you!

Laura said...

Oh my gosh! Poor baby! I can't believe that, I'm glad she's ok! And that picture of her with her little stuffed animal is the cutest thing ever!
We need to all hang out sometime, is your schedules still all crazy?

The LOWEdown said...

I'm so sorry! That had to be so scary! It is funny. When I was around 5 months pregnant we ahd to take our dog to the emergency vet!
By the way you look so cute! You definitely have a beautiful glow to you!!

Tenille Gates said...

poor little Bambi :0( No more electrical chew toys for HER! Glad shes okay :0)