Friday, April 30, 2010

a GOOD read

DSC05742 

I started reading The History of Joseph Smith by his Mother less than 2 weeks ago and finished the book last night.  It was such an amazing read!  The personal accounts given (by his mother) of Joseph's character as a child, in his youth, and as an adult are truly inspiring.  I'm sad to say how naive I was prior to reading the book on my knowledge of the hardships his family faced.  I learned so many details that I hadn't known before.  Some of the stories she recalled brought me to tears.  It absolutely strengthened my testimony of Joseph Smith, his hardships and the restoration of the church.  There was so much opposition when the church was being established, that I am amazed at the multiple sacrifices some members made...their faith was unshakeable. 

It has made me ask myself,

What could I sacrifice more of in my life to be a better member of the Church?

Anyone looking to learn more about Joseph, his family and the restoration of the church, I recommend reading this book.  It will definitely put life back in perspective for you.

Next on my list:

FINISH this:

life

 

and START this:160px-Joseph_Smith_Rough_Stone_Rolling 

What’s the most recent book you’ve read?

2 comments:

Tenille Gates said...

I totally have that book!...but havent read it yet...its a pretty decoration though ;0) Ill have to read it now!

Jeff and Eliza said...

Cool! I've been wanting to read more about him but wasn't sure where to start. I'll have to check it out.